We’re Looking for the Next Great Marketing Star!
Are you ready to work some place fun and be a part of something great? Our internship program could be the right fit for you!
We’re looking for a college junior, senior or recent graduate in public relations, journalism, communication studies who can help the agency CEO complete some great projects for this fast growing marketing agency.
You’re our next intern if you:
- Are an amazing writer and editor.
- Love learning new things.
- Eager to help out.
- Full of fun, new ideas.
- Like working in a team environment.
- Are deadline-oriented.
- Are organized.
- Have great interpersonal skills.
About Hot Dog Marketing
Never heard of us? We’re one of the Austin-area’s fastest growing marketing agencies. Recently awarded one of the three best agencies in Austin and a Gold Medal from the national Marketing Communication awards, Hot Dog Marketing is a great launching pad for your marketing and communication career.
Interested in learning about writing? Online marketing? Website and branding? You’ll be working side-by-side with a team of experts, sitting in our meetings, attending the same events . . . basically learning from the best.
Our newly revamped internship program is designed to provide interns with projects that can be completed during their semester with us so they have deliverables to report on their resume after working here. No filing. No making copies. This internship gives you an opportunity to show-off what you can do.
Marketing Internship Program
The purpose of this program is to teach junior or senior-level undergraduate students or recently graduated students how to research, write and carry out important pieces of a business’s marketing and communication plan and support the business in its sales development efforts.
The internship lasts one semester. The chosen intern must commit for that period of time. The student is responsible for ensuring that the internship qualifies for academic credits. This internship is 10-15 hours a week. The schedule is flexible but the intern must commit to being in the office at least two days a week. This is an in-office internship at our Round Rock location, no working from home.
In addition to potential academic credits, an intern that successfully completes the program will receive a letter of recommendation from the CEO, a resume remodel before he or she begins a job search, and a certificate of completion. High performing interns that complete their assigned projects qualify for an end-of-semester bonus stipend. Past interns have been hired for employment or referred for employment in various marketing and communication fields.
The learning goals for this internship are the following:
- Learn how to find suitable content to share on social media on behalf of a business
- Learn how to find the right tone to use in social media and blog postings
- Learn how to track how online content is performing
- Learn how to post to WordPress-powered websites
- Learn to write press releases, learning-based content and press kits
- Learn how to maintain a social media and blogging schedule
- Learn how to prioritize and manage multiple daily tasks
- Learn the essential soft skills in order to be successful in an office environment
- Learn how to proofread marketing material
- Learn market research techniques
- Practice AP style writing standards
- Learn how to train a new intern on all of the above
How to Apply
Interested in applying? Here’s what we need:
- 500 Word Essay
Why do you think Hot Dog Marketing’s internship program is a great fit for you and your career?
- Your Resume
- 2 Previous Writing Samples in the form of an article, blog, or press release
- Creative Writing Project (500 words)
Would you rather be a Pit Bull or a Chihuahua? Justify your answer.
Candidates that pass the initial screening process will be asked to come in for an interview. One candidate for each semester will be chosen.
Send your application materials to: email@example.com
Have questions? Call 512-537-6575.
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.