Hey Gang! We’re starting the second half of the year now, and it’s a good time to examine your marketing plan and see how you’re doing. If you don’t have a marketing plan, check out these free templates.
Branding and Branded Materials
- Do you have enough business cards for your upcoming networking and events?
- Have you changed anything about your services that would require redoing or reprinting any marketing materials you have?
- Do you need to change your prices on any printed materials?
- Are you able to get those new marketing materials you’ve been saving up for?
Social Media and Content Marketing
- How often were you able to post on your website?
- Did you consistently post to social media, interact with followers, and send out great, useful info?
- If you’re tracking analytics, did you see any spikes in visits?
- If you’re not getting the traction you need, should you consider paid social media advertising?
- Did you have a hard time managing this aspect? Is it time to get help?
- Did you get enough ROI (return on investment) with your paid advertisements?
- Did you track what sales your advertisements brought in effectively?
- Are you planning any late year advertising for the holiday season? September is usually the latest to make those arrangements.
- Do you need to update services and pricing on your website?
- Are you ready to add pages or upgrade the look and feel of your website?
- Do you need purchase additional domain names to point to your website?
- Are Google and other search engines picking up on it?
- Do you have your appropriate online directories updated with the right web link and latest information?
- Is it time to consider online advertising?
Public Relations and Traditional Communication
- Do you have enough thank you cards to thank your clients/customers for the rest of the year?
- Do you have events or appearances coming up in the second half of the year that you need to plan press releases and media notifications for?
- Do you have the support you need for your upcoming events?
- Do you have the necessary marketing materials for your upcoming events?
- Have you updated your website with pictures and news from your past events/appearances?
Hopefully by answering these questions, you’ve gotten an idea of what you’ll need to focus on in the third quarter. Don’t know where to start with your plan? We have a list of our favorite free templates here. If you have questions or need help with any or all of your marketing plan, let us know.
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.