Fall is just around the corner, and even though it’s still screaming hot outside, it’s time to start planning your Fall promotions. Austin’s autumn is a great shopping season, and consumers are ready to embrace the milder temperatures by getting out and doing more.
Here are some quick copy ideas that you can use as a spring board:
- Fall into savings . . .
- Back-to-School . . .
- Fall fest . . .
- Fall in Love
- Cool Items or Look Cooler, Feel Cooler
Capitalize on the season with these colors:
- Burnt Orange! (It’s almost that time!)
- Warm Oranges and Yellows
- Light and Dark Browns
- Red Accents
- Local high school spirit colors
Other Fall Marketing Tips:
- Get involved with a charity – Galas and other fundraising usually kick-off at this time
- Take advantage of advertising through your neighborhood school – sponsor booster clubs or advertise in their newsletters
- Try a new networking group
- Start Planning your 2013 marketing budget!
Plan promotions to coincide with these September – November events/holidays:
- Longhorn Football! – Ongoing
- High School Football! – Ongoing
- City Wide Garage Sale – Saturday, 1st
- Labor Day – Monday, 3rd
- Grandparents Day – Sunday, 9th
- Step Family Day – Sunday, 16th
- Austin Pride Festival – Saturday, 22nd
- Austin Museum Day – Sunday, 23rd
- Mediterranean Festival – Friday, 28th & Saturday, 29th
- Fall Pecan Street Festival – Saturday, 29th
- Columbus Day – Monday, 8th
- Boss’s Day – Tuesday, 16th
- Austin City Limits Fest (Order your flyers for this one!) – 12th to 14th
- Austin Film Fest – Starts on the 18th
- Austin Beer Week – Starts on the 20th
- Austin Book Fest – Saturday, 27th & Sunday, 28th
- Austin Yoga Fest – Saturday, 27th & Sunday, 28th
- Halloween – 31st
- Fun, Fun, Fun Fest – 2nd to 4th
- Daylight Savings – Sunday, 4th (Fall Back . . . )
- Veteran’s Day – Sunday, 11th
- A Christmas Affair – 15th to 18th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, 22nd
- Black Friday – Friday, 23rd
- Cyber Monday – Monday, 26th
Hot Dog Marketing can help you sort out the details of your fall promotional calendar. Reach out! We’d love to help.
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.