Part-Time Contract Position to start | Great first job for a student! | 10-15 hours a week (in-office position; schedule flexible)
We are currently looking for a graphic design student or budding professional with an understanding in branded design and familiarity with building websites on the WordPress platform. This position is most ideal for a motivated learner who is excited about developing their skills under experienced management. This position is great for a senior-level student or professional looking to add agency experience to their resume. If you’re looking to broaden your skills, this position is for you!
The immediate position is contract and part-time. If you’re the right fit for our company, and we continue to grow, there is an opportunity for a more permanent position.
The individual we’re looking for is a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges and is customer service-focused. This is the perfect position for a creative with technical ability who is looking to supplement his or her own freelance work or other part-time job with steady agency work.
Required Web Experience and Skills:
- Comfortable working in the WordPress Platform.
- Familiarity with genesis based themes a plus.
- Experience with web servers and file management
- Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3 and development for mobile devices.
Required Graphic Design Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in Adobe Create Suite software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Ability to correctly output graphics for professional printing and for web.
- Understanding of how to adhere to brand standards.
- Copywriting experience and grammar skills a plus!
Other Required Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage several projects at once.
- Adaptable and detail oriented, dependable and responsible.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Professional and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exhibits an enthusiastic proactive approach to work and problem solving.
- Willingness to be flexible and wear “many hats.”
- SEO integration into WordPress sites
- Experience with a variety of WordPress plugins and solutions
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Primarily responsible for helping complete portion of large branding projects for small business clients and taking on finishing touches on new WordPress sites along with managing updates to WordPress sites as requested from clients.
- Assisting in gathering requirements and project specifications from clients.
- Communicating project status and deliverables with creative director.
About Hot Dog Marketing:
We are a small, local small business marketing agency that is growing quickly. We serve over 200 Central Texas small business clients and the list continues to grow on a weekly basis. We offer a large variety of integrated marketing and communication management services including: consulting, strategic planning, graphic design, printing, web design, digital marketing, and SEO. We pride ourselves as small business partners that help relieve the small business owner of the burden of executing marketing and communication campaigns.
Please email your resume and link to your online portfolio.