Hot Dog Marketing is looking to hire an experienced front-end developer to be in charge of the prominently WordPress-based website development projects Hot Dog Marketing is leading. Our ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills and can mentor and grow our front-end development team and build trusting relationships with clients and other departments. We hope to find someone that has experience with a wide variety of projects, preferably from another agency, that can come in and help our experienced creative team make good decisions on: project scoping; project creation and management; and be able to work on complex development projects while evolving our team’s current skill set.
Hot Dog Marketing is one of Austin’s top digital agencies. Last year, Hot Dog Marketing launched 23 website projects. These projects are varied in size and complexity. This position would work on fairly routine development projects and be leveraged in times of troubleshooting and discovering or recommending new solutions.
Hot Dog Marketing also partners with WP-Engine and manages a large volume of websites. This position would be leveraged to help come up with solutions to improve our Hosting and Maintenance program.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient with custom WordPress Development in a multitude of frameworks
- Possess an understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for all various quirks
- HTML and CSS Expertise
- Experience leading discussions regarding development approaches, creative implementations, as well as experience mentoring developers, guiding technical teams and contractors.
- Experience with CSS3 and Less/Sass (ability to write mixins, partials, use source maps, etc)
- Experience in web standards, semantic web, accessibility and SEO and the interplay between them.
- 3+ years of experience working with creative teams across design and UX disciplines, implementing and advising on fundamental visual and interactive design discipline. Desire to drive the conversation with creative teams, as well as attention to detail.
- Proficient in CSS and Vanilla JS in the context of workflows and requirements
- Strive to use web standards to build solutions using semantic markup, templates (Handlebars) and SASS
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Manage outsourced development contractors
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Basic understanding of full-stack development
- Ability to work with project management teams to create and implement accurate website development schedules and budgets
- Experience speaking to clients and explaining technical items in easy-to-understand terms
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage a large workload
- Technical knowledge of design programs and other computer software
- Reasonable knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word and PowerPoint
- Strong soft communication skills including presenting in-front of people and speaking one-on-one with clients
- Ability to take and generate feedback
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-year associate degree in website development or equivalent experience
- Web design portfolio that demonstrates 5-8 years of front-end development experience
- Substantial experience in WordPress and WordPress Platforms like WooCommerce
- Experienced using Adobe Creative Suite and experience with Adobe XD preferred
- HubSpot Experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Complete projects on schedule
- Attend necessary internal and client meetings
- Seek approval for development-related purchases and for utilizing contractors
- Use the communication tools provided by the company
- Follow established processes
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.