Let’s talk about Logos! Whether you’re a sole proprietor or a large corporation, a logo gives your business credibility and makes you easy to remember. Logos are a small business owner’s best friend in terms of making everything from websites to inexpensive marketing materials look more professional. Presented Here are our Top Three Reason Why Logos are Effective:
- Human Attention Span
This probably doesn’t come as a surprise to you, but our ability to process advertising and marketing messages online is less than the attention span of a goldfish according to a recent BBC News article. We have to nail down our message and be able to package it and share it so someone can digest it now in less than 8 seconds. What are your chances of successfully capturing their attention without an easy-to-remember logo that represents your company brand.
- The Psychology of Color
So, now that you know that you have less than 8 seconds to capture someone’s attention, now you can use color to communication feeling and perception. If you’re just typing your name out in black and white, then you’re missing out on a chance to say more. Here’s a quick list of color psychological clues:
- Black: seriousness, distinctiveness, boldness, power, sophistication, tradition
- Blue: authority, dignity, security, faithfulness, heritage, corporate stability, trust
- Brown/gold: history, utility, earthiness, richness, tradition, conservative
- Gray/silver: somberness, authority, practicality, corporate mentality, trust
- Green: tranquility, health, freshness, stability, appetite
- Orange: fun, cheeriness, warm exuberance, appetite, speed
- Pink: femininity, innocence, softness, health, youth
- Purple: sophistication, spirituality, wealth, royalty, youth, mystery
- Red: aggressiveness, passion, strength, vitality, fear, speed, appetite
- White/silver: purity, truthfulness, faith, contemporary, refined, wealth
- Yellow: youth, positive feelings, sunshine, cowardice, refinement, caution, appetiteRead more: http://www.marketingprofs.com/5/mccarthy4.asp#ixzz2sIMCr466
- Stand Out in a Crowd
Worried Jack and Jane won’t be able to differentiate your from your competitors? A unique and recognizable logo can help you stand out. The more places you find to place your logo, the easier it’ll be for your small business to start building traction in your community/market. Whether it’s online in your social media and online marketing or through yard signs if you’re a contractor working on homes, a logo will solidify your business in the mind of your potential customer.
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.