The Hot Dog Marketing Digital Marketing Intern assists the Digital Marketing Director and Founder in completion of agency projects and pro-bono client campaigns. In addition, the Digital Marketing Intern works as a junior Content Marketing Specialist contributing to the online marketing content for the agency.
A core responsibility of this role is learning and developing skills that would be valuable in a career around digital marketing, public relations or brand management.
This is an unpaid internship. However, qualified candidates who are interested in the experience who cannot afford an unpaid internship experience are still encouraged to apply. For those interested in using the internship towards college credit are responsible for understanding the requirements and working out the details related to receiving college credit with their supervisor.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Organizational skills
- Strong customer service background
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to produce quality work quickly and efficiently
- Computer literacy
- Social media literacy: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Reasonable knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong soft communication skills including presenting in front of people
- Ability to take and generate feedback
- Strong analytical skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be an associate’s degree graduate or junior or senior at a four-year university or
- 2 years of professional experience and is seeking a career shift
- Degree or experience in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, advertising or related field
- A writing portfolio that demonstrates versatility and creativity
- Meet assigned deadlines
- Successfully complete the tactics assigned to you under the Hot Dog Marketing internal marketing strategy
- Use production time efficiently and wisely
- Use the communication tools provided by the company
- Follow established processes
- Adhere to the company’s core values
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Follow file and data management policies and best practices
- Use company provided equipment for work purposes only and protect it from potential threats
- Report to work according to your agreed-upon schedule
How to Apply:
Internship applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Interviews are scheduled for November and decisions finalized in December. Internship begins in January 2020.
- Submit a cover letting telling how you think this internship will make an impact on your future
- Submit a resume demonstrating your previous work and school experience
- Submit two writing samples you’re proud of: either something for school, something from an extracurricular activity or something you did in a previous job
This internship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates a strong work ethic, has a clear vision to how this experience fits into their plan for the future, and will benefit the most from the experience.
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.