We’re Looking for the Next Great Design Star!
Are you ready to work someplace fun and be a part of something great? We’re looking for a junior designer to join the pack here at Hot Dog Marketing.
You might be our next graphic designer if you:
- Have a passion for branding and visual identity work.
- Understand and want to learn more about WordPress.
- Love learning new things.
- Eager to help out.
- Full of fun, new ideas.
- Like working in a team environment.
- Are deadline-oriented.
- Are organized.
- Have great interpersonal skills.
About Hot Dog Marketing
We’re one of the Austin-area’s fastest-growing, award-winning marketing agencies. Hot Dog Marketing is a great launching pad for your design career. Interested in learning about branding strategy? Online marketing? Website development? You’ll be working side-by-side with a team of experts, sitting in our meetings, attending the same events . . . basically learning from the best.
Why Work for Hot Dog Marketing
In addition to health benefits and paid time off, we understand that you may have passions outside of work. We want to support those. We’re flexible with our work schedules and prioritize our team’s needs. We also provide professional development opportunities throughout the year and reimburse for training.
The Junior Graphic Designer works alongside the creative team to provide design and creative services to Hot Dog Marketing clients and for the internal Hot Dog Marketing projects. This function requires a wide range of projects including logo design, web design, WordPress development, WordPress site maintenance, print collateral, online graphics, large format graphics, graphics to support our digital marking department, illustration projects, photo editing projects, and other art or graphic related tasks as requested.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- A strong foundation in the fundamentals of 2D design
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage a large workload
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Reasonable knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word and Powerpoint
- WordPress development skills, including a basic understanding of HTML, and CSS
- Strong soft communication skills including the ability to present projects to small groups, speaking one-on-one with clients, and written communication via Email and Slack.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum: 2-year associate degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- A 4-year degree in graphic design, visual communication or a relevant program is preferred
- Graphic design portfolio that demonstrates one-year of diverse work
To apply, submit a cover letter with a link to your portfolio along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered for the role.
Job Type: Full-time
I’m a mom, a small business owner, and I’m a marketing professional with over a decade helping businesses with their branding and online presence. When I’m not spending time with my family or on my business, I love cooking (and eating) and snuggling with my dogs while I binge on TV shows. My favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Martin. My favorite movies are L.A. Story, Little Mermaid, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Trainspotting.